Had a random thought today about how would Disney's Gargoyles look like if written for Fantasy AGE. After about 10-20 minutes of writing based solely from my memory of the show, this is the result. I could of spent more time writing a full description, including details on the different forms and sizes gargoyles can take. But I thought it would be best to make a short post and spend time on other projects...like AGE of Tamriel.
For those wondering about that, I am still writing it but I am also trying not to completely burn-out on it. Just having a hard time fighting the urge to write up new mechanics for every little thing. But it is slowly coming along.
- Add 1 to your Constitution ability.
- Pick one of the following ability focuses: Constitution (Stamina) or Willpower (Courage).
- You have Dark Sight out to 20 yards.
- You have Glide Wings and a Glide Speed of 10 (minus armor penalty if applicable). You can only glide for 1 minute before needing to land and rest for a number of minutes equal to 10 + your Constitution (minimum of 1 minute).
- You have Talons that allow you to deal 1d3+1 damage with your brawling attacks. In addition, you can choose to either deal non-lethal or lethal damage with your brawling attacks.
- You are Threatening. You can perform the Threaten combat stunt for 1 SP.
- You enter into Stone Hibernation at dawn every day. You turn into a solid stone statue, regardless of wherever and in whatever position you are currently in. While in this state, you are unaware of your environment and cannot move, and you do not need to breathe, eat, or drink. Your Defense is 10 and have an Armor Rating of 4. After awakening from this hibernation, you fully recover all Health and any natural poisons that were affecting you. You die if are reduced to 0 Health while in this state.
- You can speak and read the Common Tongue and Gargoyle.
- Roll twice on the Gargoyle Benefits table for additional benefits. Roll 2d6 and add the dice together. If you get the same result twice, re-roll until you get something different.
|3–4||Focus: Perception (Smelling)|
|5||Focus: Strength (Climbing)|
|6||Focus: Strength (Might)|
|9||Focus: Strength (Jumping)|
|10–11||Focus: Accuracy (Brawling)|