Friday, July 8, 2016

5th Edition - The Witch Knight Fighter Archetype

Today I present a new fighter archetype for 5th Edition; the Witch Knight!

The idea for the archetype came from two places; from my previous mentioned D&D setting, and as an experiment to see if I could create a variant on the eldritch fighter that uses pact magic instead of traditional spellcasting.

The look of the document was made using the online editor at homebrewery.naturalcrit.com. I spent roughly six hours fiddling with the code while also catching up on the few episodes of Critical Role that I've missed. My earlier attempts at re-creating that 5th Edition style, as seen in my miqo'te and 5E santa write-ups, was a combination of GIMP and Open Office. Using the homebrewery editor was much, much faster and more enjoyable.

Overall I think it turned out okay, if from a rather unoriginal idea; it is basically the first seven levels of the warlock class, minus a few class abilities. So, I have no idea on how well it would play in-game or if it is well-balanced, but it was fun writing it.

You can find the homebrewery link here or download a PDF of it here.

No comments: