SquidianStanding four-foot-nothing, squidians are a small humanoid race that dwell under the seas and oceans of the world. They resemble half-sized humans with tentacles for hair and other traits similar to squids.
If you choose to play a squidian, modify your character as follows:
• Add +1 to your Strength.
• Amphibious: You can breathe both in and out of water. However, you have a -2 penalty on Constitution tests when in a dry and/or hot environment, like a desert or in a hot spring.
• Bio-Luminescence: You can produce a bio-luminescent light from your body. Your normal state is a dull glow, but with a Minor action, you can raise its intensity to light up a 6-yard radius for 1 + Constitution minutes. If you are under stress or subject to a jump-scare, you have to make a TN 13 Willpower (Self-discipline) test or temporarily lose control of your bio-luminescence for 1d6+1 rounds. Regaining control requires another Willpower (Self-discipline) test. If you are knocked unconscious or otherwise incapacitated (or sleeping), your bio-luminescence drops to a dull glow.
• Ink Jet: You can spew forth an inky liquid. When underwater you can produce a 6-yard radius cloud of inky darkness that obscures sight for anyone inside. Outside of water, you can blind an enemy with ink to the face for 1d6+1 minutes. This is a ranged attack that uses Accuracy (Ink jet) focus against the enemy's Defense, and has a range of 4/8. While Blind, they automatically fail Perception (Seeing) tests and have a -2 penalty to Defense and attack rolls, but they can remove the ink with a Major action. However, each time you use this ability you lose 5 Health.
• Underwater Dark Sight: You can see in the dark out to 20 yards while underwater.
• Natural Swimmer: You start with the Constitution (Swimming) focus.
• Speed: You have a Speed of 10 + Dexterity (minus armor penalty if applicable) while on land, but have a Swim Speed of 12 + Strength (minus armor penalty if applicable).
• Tentacle Hair: Your hair is really tentacles! With a Major action, you can stretch out your tentacles to manipulate an object or perform a brawling attack out to 6 yards. When using your tentacles in this manner, you suffer a -2 penalty to any ability tests made. If used in combat, your tentacles have a Defense equal to yours -2, and Health equal to one-half your total Health. When your tentacles reach 0 Health, you cannot use them until they grow back in 1d6+1 days.
• All-Thumbs: Living underwater isn't like life on land, so you suffer a -2 penalty on Communication tests when interacting with non-squidians, and on any ability tests when dealing with more complex non-squidian technology (cars, computers, etc). Gaining the Communication (Non-squidian) focus eliminates the Communication penalties, while the Intelligence (Non-squidian lore) eliminates the technology penalty.
• You speak and read Squiddle and the Common Tongue.
Friday, April 14, 2017
Fantasy AGE - The Inkvasion has come!
As I was writing up the miqo'te for Fantasy AGE, I spent time looking though my old files and trying to see if I had already done so. As I was looking I ran across my notes for a “squidian” character race. This character race was written purely for fun and not meant to be remotely serious. And I thought it would be interesting to see people think of it.